John Doulton then joined forces with Lambeth Pottery owner Martha Jones and foreman John Watts to form Jones, Watts and Doulton in 1815.This factory was a tiny pottery located in Vauxhall Walk, Lambeth, a borough of London, England.Doulton products also came to the attention of the British Royal family.
Henry took full control of the company upon the death of his father, John, in 1873.
When Sir Henry died in 1897, Henry's son Henry Lewis Doulton took over control of the company.
The company continued to hire talented artists including the next art director Charles Noke, Harry Tittensor, Joseph Hancock, and many others.
By 1871, Henry Doulton had launched a studio at the Lambeth pottery and offered work to designers and artists from a local art school.
Their names included Frank Butler, Mark Marshall, Eliza Simmance, J. Rowe, George Tinsworth and the Barlow family (Florence, Hannah, and Arthur).